Memento Mori
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memento Mori

All things end

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1.2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 3:34 pm

"Thanks" Chariot says
Back to top Go down
https://cirqueexalted.forumotion.org
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:19 pm

"nothing better then killing the guy bad that's worse then me" John said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:45 pm

At the mention of killing he looks over his tea cup seeming slightly shocked. "Quite" he then says with a polite nod.

Luke looks at John seeming slightly worried.
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:15 pm

"Indeed" Trust said. "In light of our latest mission and the...incident that occurred at the post-mission meeting, which I didn't attend, we have also decided upon a rearrangement of our working relationship with your organisation" she said eloquently.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Lawrence looks slightly puzzled but nods. "I see. I did hear from Joycelin regarding that, i do appologise for her lack in people-skills. Would you care to elaborate further on this rearrangement though?" He asks politely but still with his friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 11:50 pm

"As of now we will be operating as our own crew. A crew for hire as it were. We're happy to having a working relationship with you but on our own terms, and sometimes we will be taking on our own missions".
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 12:24 am

Lawrence goes from looking slightly concerned by Trust's demeanour, to looking absolutely delighted. "You're forming you're own Krewe? That's fantastic! And, of course, we would love to continue our relationship as allies, and how you conduct yourselves is completely up to you" he smiles.

Luke smiles.
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 12:27 am

"Excellent" she said.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 12:32 am

"And of course our knowledge is your knowledge, should you need any help or guidance" Lawrence then offers kindly. "Is there anything you would like to know?"
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 10:25 am

"how'd you banish a Ghost/whatever trouble maker is?" John asked.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 10:59 am

There is silence for a moment as Lawrence thinks. "Well... To banish a ghost or enable one to pass on, there are a few ways. But to do that you need to have some knowledge of ghosts and how they are within our Twilight. Primarilly the ghost of interest" he begins.

"What about anchors? You've been teaching me about them, and a ceremony. Im happy to hear about it again" Luke chimes in.

"Of course" Lawrence smiles. "I'll explain fully and teach you a ceremony if you wish."
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 12:30 pm

"that would be useful please" John replied.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Lawrence nods. He then sips some tea and shuffles forwards slightly in his seat, as though beginning to tell a story.

"Every krewe has a story. A theory, a myth or even a legend of how the world works. We are told these things and we learn them through our interactions with our geists and the great below. But two things remain constant across krewes. Ghosts, and the great below itself. It has many different names though, depending on who you are and how you choose to refer to it. But either way it is the underworld, the natural purgatory of ghosts."

"'Above' this, lies Twilight. This is where we are" he says gesturing around him slightly. "Ghosts cant naturally claw their way out of the underworld alone without emmense amounts of energy and an extreme resolve, or help from twilight itself. No ghost wants to remain in purgatory, so for many they will do anything and everything within their power to remain in twilight. But some, some are lucky enough to already have something to keep them from entering purgatory or from finally passing on to whichever afterlife the individual believes in."

"These ghosts remaining in twilight then have three choices. They seek help, they serve us, or they go it alone. However not every ghost is... Pleasant. And there are things that keep them in twilight, holding them in this region and preventing them from passing on or being dragged into the underworld. We call these 'anchors'. And they come in many forms."

"Simple trinkets, locations, animals or even people themselves. If the ghost is willing, has no business yet unresolved and they have no anchors they can cling to, they are able to pass on. But if they are unwilling to pass on and they are unpleasant enough to cause trouble and make things dangerous for regular humans unknowing of these poltergeists then these anchors must be severed in some way so the underworld may claim them. Distroying them is the usual approach. And its the only one that works long-term."

"If they are able however to pass on, they can do so. But some require a little help. Thats where we come in."

Luke sits forwards. "I learned a ceremony to help ghosts relax, release their anchors and pass on happily. Its the one i used on the ghost at the house the other day. It takes a while, but its quite easy" he says with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 3:33 pm

"so let me get this straight Casper was right?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Luke looks confused at the reference. Lawrence gives a small chuckle. "Erm... I hadn't considered it that way before but i suppose so?"
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 4:01 pm

"Cool, also Luke you need a film night" John said.
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Trust simply listened.
Back to top Go down
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Chariot spent a moment mulling over what Lawrence said about ghosts and Krewes
Back to top Go down
https://cirqueexalted.forumotion.org
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Lawrence gives everyone a moment before continuing. "To deal with a ghost we usually speak with it. Find out what it is they want, require or desire. Some are helpful in this way, while some are less so. But as said, if the ghost is willing and able they can be helped to pass on to whatever destiny awaits them on the other side. What that is no one knows, but the ghost is then gone. For good."

"It's a relatively simple ceremony that a sin-eater" he gestures to himself and then everyone else, "can conduct for the ghost. However it can only be conducted on a ghost that is willing to have it performed, and it can only be conducted in the underworld" Lawrence continues. "To do that, you need to send the ghost back to the underworld or request they go peacefully so you can assist them once you've passed over. You can do this at a haunt that has enough fluidity to enable the passage between the worlds."

"We're like psychopomps" Luke chimes in.

Lawrence nods. "Indeed. We have many haunts across London as well as access to others through pacts agreed upon with allies, we would be happy to give you access as well. And, if you are to become a krewe I feel this must also be considered" he then says gently. "There is a ceremony of 'Krewe Binding'. You do not have to conduct it, but it is advised. And favoured by the bound because of the knowledge and benefits it provides krewe founders and members" he says gesturing to everyone including himself.
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 9:10 pm

"If this ritual was done who would be considered the founder?" Trust asked.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 9:23 pm

"You three" Lawrence says gesturing to the group. "Its a very personal ceremony. One only you three can conduct yourselves. I can offer guidence on how to perform it, if you wish it, but the three of you will need to do it. When krewes begin, they need at least three people to be committed. Others can join afterwards, but the original three, the founders, are the leaders and strongest party members."

"Myself and Joycelin are founding members of our krewe. We are the 'Mediators of Shade'. Luke here is our newest member, he joined us two years ago."

Luke nods and smiles. "Its a really easy ceremony. It can take a while, but its worth it, it gives you loads of energy you can share with other krewe members, and also gives you the ability to get closer to your geist and learn more about them and their history and even some of the history of the underworld" he says.
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 9:40 pm

john chuckled "i'm not sure I can get closer to to my geist, but I like the idea of being closer to my friends and being able to help them more" he said.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:54 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 4:43 pm

GM:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1.2   Chapter 1.2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1.2
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6