Memento Mori
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memento Mori

All things end

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter Four - A New Day

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 5:50 pm

As you all head inside, you see what appears to be a bedroom of sorts. It appears to have been converted into a sleeping space out of an old service room, and there are a number of pipes and wheels on the walls; some of which looking in rather poor condition. There is a strong smell of damp in the air on top of the sewage you have all been smelling.

The lighting is softly emanating from a lantern in the corner but you can see well enough. Books are strewn about the place opened on various pages, and clothes litter the floor. You get the impression she either left in a hurry, or she is just incredibly untidy.
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Trust will start investigating, primarily looking for clues of where she might have been going or important items she accidentally left/dropped in her hurried departure.

She'll thus stay mostly at ground level at first, looking at the books for torn pages or notable improvised-bookmarks etc. Seeing if something has slid under the bed, or if there are items under the mattress, in the sheets, on the pillow, in the pillow, etc.

She'll then start looking around her personal effects and more obvious storage items or areas to hide things.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Is anyone else investigating the room?
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 8:44 pm

John is just going to stand guard.
Back to top Go down
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Chariot will have a casual nose about, looking through drawers and things like that
Back to top Go down
https://cirqueexalted.forumotion.org
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Everyone investigating please roll wits + investigation.

Trust gets + 2
Back to top Go down
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 5:38 pm

0 no botch
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 9:34 pm

Chariot you find nothing.

Trust:
Back to top Go down
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Chariot shrugs "Cant find anything that stands out"
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 1:57 pm

You all head downstairs in the bar.

The staircase is a little back-ally-esque winding staircase and with each foot on every step you make an echoing 'clunk', no matter how lightly you tread. As you reach the bottom you find yourselves in a small hallway type area, and there's a bar gate with magnetic lock leading down a corridor with a glass window by the side. A youth sits behind the window playing on his phone and paying no attention to anyone or anything but the screen between his fingers.

Down the hallway you hear clinking of classes and laughter echo, as well as the sounds of balls striking against one-another. Downstairs definitely feels better kept than upstairs, but the atmosphere of the area is still grotty.
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 1:58 pm

John will walk let Chariot lead.
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 4:54 pm

As will Trust, looking to him with full confidence (something she clearly had in him from her posturing).
Back to top Go down
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Chariot will knock on the window twice to get the youths attention. "3 for the game room" he said
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 5:44 pm

As Chatriot taps on the window the youth jolts, clearly having been made jump. He fumbles to not drop his phone and looks at Chariot with an irked expression. "Sorry what?" He remarks.
Back to top Go down
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Chariot brandishes money. "3 of us. Game room."
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 6:34 pm

The youth gives a small sigh, gets up and leans across to the window. He then slides it open and puts his hand out for the cash.
Back to top Go down
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Chariot hands it over. "Know if Morgans in there?"
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 6:57 pm

The youth takes the money and shrugs. "Dunno. Not one for names" he says. He then slides the window closed again and presses a button to release the gate.

A loud buzz can be heard, and then with a clunk the gate swings slowly open.
Back to top Go down
Citrate
Admin
Citrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Chariot strolls casually through the gate and heads into the game room. Upon entering he will quickly assess the occupants
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 5:29 pm

John will do the same, mostly he's looking for threats.
Back to top Go down
RestlessRoamer

RestlessRoamer

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 8:36 pm

As you head inside a heavy smell of cigarette smoke hits you like a wall, almost overpowering your senses. Painted brick pillars hold up the ceiling and the room reveals itself as a vast expanse of activity.

Pool tables dot around the room, as do air hockey tables and card tables and a number of fruit machines ring out in the corners. None of which are of particular quality, with people using stunted pool cues and velvet having more stains and holes than you can count. A roulette wheel sits vacant in the corner, clearly unloved as its the only thing in relatively good condition. At the far end of the room there is another bar which spans the length of the back wall as you face it. The lighting is relatively dim, except over tables, and what with the thick layer of cigarette smoke in the atmosphere visual senses are dampened as well as your sense of smell.

Looking around the people pay you no heed. Far to absorbed in drinking, smoking, gaming and gambling to acknowledging your presence. And there is quite a number of people.

And not all of them human.

The majorty seem mortal and relatively healthy aside from the expected breathing problems and their livers being slowly rotted away from the excess of alcohol and nicotine. Others, arent so living, seeming oddly at home in this environment of walking corpses in waiting. Not all even look human either, some as hideous as those seen in the sewers. But no one pays their appearence any heed seeming unbothered by it to question it.

One such vampire sits hunched over at the bar atop a stool with their back to you, dressed in a hoodie several sizes too big and the hood pulled up firmly as though to hide their face.
Back to top Go down
graywolf

graywolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 8:52 pm

John will make sure to draw himself up to full height and size and follow behind chariot and trust.
Back to top Go down
Kittysan

Kittysan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Trust gestured to the hooded vamp as if subtly prompting Chariot to approach them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four - A New Day   Chapter Four - A New Day - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Four - A New Day
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next